While it seems like a relatively new idea, liquid roofs actually existed before the mid 20th century. They were not as advanced or as durable as today’s roofing systems, but the general concept was the same. The ingredients often included bitumen mixed with sand, straw, and later felt paper. However, because bitumen needed to be applied piping hot, the application was quite dangerous. From 1960 to the present a wide range of materials such as acrylics, silicones, and urethanes have made liquid roof applications much safer and effective. If you have a commercial roof and are looking for commercial roofing service in Omaha, we’d love to help. In this article we’re going to talk about the value of liquid applied roofs. Enjoy, and please call us with any questions.
Liquid Roof Value and Benefits
- Up Front Cost Savings – A liquid applied roof can be just as effective as a new roof at a fraction of the cost.
- Warranties – Armour Roof Co. coating warranties are as good or better than warranties for new roofs.
- Energy Savings – With an energy-efficient, liquid-roof coating, the entire roof can be coated with a reflective material. The results are a building that is more energy efficient.
- Reduced Maintenance Costs – Liquid roofing systems make for a roof that is watertight so you know you won’t be dealing with leaks, and they’re easy to clean.
- Better Budget Management – You can easily manage your budget with the predictable lifespan and affordable re-coat option when it’s time.
- Safer Installation – Unlike replacing large sections of roof materials that are dangerous liquid roof installations are safe and easy, reducing the chance of accidents on your property.
- Quiet Installation – When you’re running a business construction can interrupt your sales and drive business away. When you choose a liquid roof system your customers will never know you’re getting a new roof installed. No noise. No dust or particles.
- More Savings – Tax savings, rebates, insurance savings and energy credits are all possible benefits after receiving a liquid roof.
Is a Liquid Roof Right for Your Commercial Building?
When a high quality product is applied correctly, a liquid roof is going to hold up to the elements. It handles negative temperatures as well as high heat. You get a roof that is watertight and requires little to no maintenance at a fraction of the cost of a new roof. If these sound like appealing benefits, give us a call and we’d be more than happy to give you a free quote for your commercial roof.